Friday, August 8, 2014

Forest + Feather // Art Exhibition

FLYER // Forest + Feather art exhibition Painting for my upcoming solo show "Forest + Feather" Painting for my upcoming solo show "Forest + Feather" "Nurture" detail
Painting for my upcoming solo show "Forest + Feather"
My art exhibition "Forest + Feather" will be held at The Corner Store Gallery in Orange, September 4-21. The opening night is Friday Sept 5th from 6-8pm. All are welcome and I would love to see you there! 

The exhibition is a collection of my watercolour and gouache artworks, featuring lots of birds, mushrooms and other plant life. All pieces will be for sale on the opening night and the weeks afterwards.

Here is a little excerpt from my artists statement for the show:

"Working primarily with watercolour and gouache, I create colourful artworks with a botanical theme, depicting flora and bird life in an illustrative style. Preferring to work with fine tipped brushes, my aim is to create intricate works of detailed patterns and lines. 


I am interested in the life cycle of plants, and the natural process of life, death and renewal. I am awed by how a mighty oak is born from a tiny acorn, the way that bees and other insects pollinate flowers which then turn into fruit, and the fact that all living things will eventually die and replenish the soil. In nature, nothing is wasted. Every creature and plant has a significant role to play within its fragile ecosystem. My art has been influenced by my growing acknowledgment of the need for sustainability in a disposable society."


Forest + Feather An exhibition by Amelia Herbertson

The Corner Store Gallery
382 Summer Street, Orange NSW
Opening night Friday, 5th September. 6-8pm.
Show runs 4-21 September 2014

Thu/Fri - 10am-5pm
Sat - 9am-4pm
Sun - 10am-4pm

No comments:

Post a Comment