Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sneak Peek - Shop Update

Lino cut block printed cards

Lino cut block printed cards

Lino cut block printed cards

Letter Stamps

I have been very busy over the last few days designing, carving and printing new greeting cards. This is the new "Congratulations" card in pink and blue to welcome new babies into the world! I will be printing these in more colours so they will be appropriate for any 'congrats' type situations but for now just pink and blue.

The letters are hand stamped because the letters I carefully carved into the design read back to front when printed (I overlooked the first lesson in lino printing, which is anything you carve in will print as a mirror image). I think it looks better now than it would have though, so happy mistake!

3 comments:

  1. Amelia, these are beautiful! I am having problems with exactly the same thing and I have a question - did you make these letters individually yourself? they are stunning - well done! It hadn't occurred to me to make letters like this but it is pure genius - thank you for the inspiration from Italy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Celine! Thanks so much! And no I can't take credit for the letters, they are bought. They weren't very expensive, but you might be able to make something similar somehow with old type writer letters maybe? I don't think I'm clever enough for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! thanks! they're gorgeous...i was just making a hash of some linocut letters and it did occur to me that a type writer might need to be butchered for the cause! cheers for the reassurance that it isn't (only) my ham-fistedness that is preventing perfect lettering!

    ReplyDelete